Saturday, October 1, 2016

Got the Bike and Counterfeti Money

   30th September
We were up early and back to the airport , with a little trouble with the Taxi Man

When we arrived air the Airport , I got out paid  the guy with 2 nice new 10,000 Pecos notes , he then starts throwing them back  at me , so I told him to get F###ked  and walk away . I returned and paid (when he wouldn't go way )  in US Dollars and thought bloody wanker .
Later on in the day we were having a few beers and I paid for them with the same notes , only to get the same result  after a lot of talking , them in Spanish and me understanding nothing ,  the penny finally dropped , the money was counterfeit . Number 1 Lesson Learned  .
We also went to the Paraguayan Embassy to get our Visas only to get told "come back Monday"

A Good Start , I'm down $40.00 and now a day late with the Visas for Paraguay , if we can't get the Visas we will have to go round Paraguay , which will take an extra 3 days Max , so no be deal.

Plaza De Armas

Good Beer so all is good
We are in Santiago for 5 nights , it a huge city full of people and very Europe in Design
Like all cities heaps of great restaurants




1 comment:

  1. Bloody hell. Just as well it was only $40. Is that a shandy, Ruth or are you into straight beers now? Colin's here having coffee and date scones for his birthday. Still raining.

    ReplyDelete